I’m still not sure that this warrants a food post since this took me 32 seconds to put together while my toaster oven did the rest. And then it took me about 62 seconds to consume this plate covered in orange sweet goodness. It’s so simple that not even a recipe is necessary but here it goes.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup (ours in from my parents trees in Maine)
- salt to taste
1. Preheat toaster oven or regular old oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash, dry and chop potato. Place potato on oven proof baking tray. Dot with butter and a sprinkle of salt. Place in oven. Bake for about 25 minutes.
3. Drizzle syrup over the potato. Cook for another 5 minutes. I like them a little brown so might need to go in for another 10 minutes.
4. Dig in. Actually before digging in I drizzled a little more syrup on top and a small sprinkle of salt – yes more is better. Enjoy!
Notice the maple syrup glass jar in the corner? Yep, it’s empty. That’s how much this liquid gold is loved in our home.