After one bite. “Did you put lemon in this?”
“It’s really good”
Phew. He had seconds too. And took the rest for lunch at work the next day. Happy times.
Thanks to the Pioneer Women for this summer time recipe, during this week of single digit temperatures. I changed a few things up. Here is my version.
- 2 whole Grilled Chicken Breasts, let rest then slice
- 3/4 pound Penne Pasta, Cooked Until Al Dente
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 lemon, Juice
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cups Half-and-half
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 8-10 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped
1. Cook pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of hot pasta water. Set pasta aside in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium to large-sized saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Whisk together. Pour in cream and half-and-heat. Whisk until hot. Throw in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and pepper. Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed. I added the hot pasta water after the pasta was mixed in – since the pasta soaks up the cheese/cream mixture.
3. Add pasta to sauce pan. Stir to combine. Add 3/4 of the chopped basil.
4. Dish it up. Add the sliced chicken on top and sprinkle more basil on top if desired.