Brunch on Sunday was fabulous. Well, only as fabulous as a sick cook can make it fabulous. Never mind, I’m feeling so much better now.
What more can you ask for. A house full of friends. Little girls running around chasing Monkey’s tall. Bacon. Smoked paprika potatoes. and THESE muffins. And more bacon. My dear friend, Dede brought these over. She has been perfecting her sans gluten recipes. I had thought they had all been consumed before I could take any pictures but to my surprise I found these!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cups brown sugar
- ¾ c (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for a good 3 min. Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and fill about halfway. Give them a rap (in Dede’s words) on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
6. Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 16-20 min. Let cool for a few minutes before turning out. Serve warm or at room temp.