- 4-5 large red peppers, cut in quarters and seeded
- 1 large onion, cut in quarters
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, drained, liquid saved
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1-1 1/2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- optional – parsley, sour cream,
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Combine peppers, onions and drained tomatoes on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle salt and pepper over pepper mixture. Roasted for 40 minutes.
2. Place pepper mixture into food processor, process until smooth (or to your desired consistency).
3. Heat large pot. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and garlic. Stir constantly so that the garlic doesn’t burn. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add pureed pepper mixture and vegetable stock to pot. Bring to the medium simmer. Add whole milk/cream, stirring to combine. Turn off heat. and serve!!
a dollop of sour cream would be heaven, placed on top…yum.