I love pie crust. I love refrigerated store-bought pie crust too.
I had my first wedge for breakfast…and I can’t wait to have another one for lunch!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 slices deli ham, cut up
- 3/4 – 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (depending if you are a cheese lover or not)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1. Using a baking sheet, spread the broccoli out and drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. You want some of the broccoli to be brown but still crunchy. Place into medium-sized bowl to cool.
2. Unfold crust. Using fingertips, press together any tears. Press crust into 9inch – diameter deep-dish pie dish. Press foil onto crust to hold shape. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
3. Meanwhile, saute butter, mushrooms and onions until mushrooms are brown. Toss into bowl with broccoli to cool. Add cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.
4. Add broccoli and mushroom mixture to bottom of crust. Make sure to spread out to create an even layer. Add the ham on top. Then sprinkle cheese over. Whisk eggs, half and half, and salt and pepper (to taste, if desired) in a medium bowl to blend; pour mixture into crust.
5. Bake Quiche until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let quiche stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Salsa, hot sauce, and mustard would be great additions to dip each fork full into…Since I’m a condiments lover, I’m always thinking.