Have I mentioned that I love roasted chicken? Well, I do. I think I could have it every night..well, maybe.
I joke with Mr. A when he asks me, ‘what’s for dinner?’
I always say ‘roasted chicken’.
Ha. I laugh. He isn’t too impressed. I usually have to follow that statement with, ‘seriously, we are having roasted chicken’. This isn’t an April Fool’s Day joke.
So, here is a twist on roast chicken. Lemon Garlic Chicken. This is inspired from my friend, Katie. She sent me a ‘look what I made last night for dinner’ email. She of course sent me the link to Ina Garten’s Lemon Chicken recipe. Let me just say, that this is delicious.
I, of course had to stray from the recipe and add a few of my own touches. Here is my version of Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat the oven to 415 degrees.
1. Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1-2 minutes but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 X 12-inch baking dish.
2. Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan liquid. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in pan. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.