This salad is similar to the ‘kitchen sink salad’ or the ‘leftover salad’. I used 3 different left overs and threw in some other pantry staples to create this. It was a gem. I mean, it tasted SO good. It gave me some much-needed mid-day energy. Added some color to my rainy Spring day. And I felt good about clearing out some Tupperware in my refrigerator.
Am I the only one that makes kitchen sink salads?
Asparagus and Quinoa Salad with Feta
- 1/2 cup prepared quinoa
- 6 springs asparagus, blanched and chilled, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Corn Salsa (you don’t have to make this just for this salad – frozen corn, microwaved for 1 minute would be great too!)
- 1 heaping tablespoon feta cheese
- sprinkle of dried Pomegranates
- sprinkle of sliced almonds
- garlic balsamic salad dressing
1. Assemble salad, in order of ingredients!
*Note: The quinoa could be heated up for 1 minute, instead of cold like I had – the feta cheese would melt over so slightly too!