Food: Black Pepper and Lemon Grilled Chicken Thighs.
We are finished with the majority of our chicken lesson at school for now. Our Chef Instructor said that we have about 3 weeks before we cook it again! Phew! I never thought that I would experience chicken overload. And now I am finally craving some chicken.
It is 94 degrees today and I want nothing more than to sit next to a 400 degree grill to bask in the heat and smell of peppery lemony grilled chicken with oregano from the garden.
I continue to be amazed on how much lemon can infuse so quickly into foods. 1 hour marinated and these thighs were ready for a work out!
Black Pepper and Lemon Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sprinkle of salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1. Place chicken thighs in ziploc bag. Combine lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon in small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in small pan. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until soft and fragrant but not browned. Add to lemon juice in bowl. Add honey, salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Pour over chicken in bag. Seal and mix around with hands. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Turn over at 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill to high heat. Once grill has reacted 375-400 degrees, turn down to medium/high heat. Place chicken on grill and cover grill – do not move the chicken around once you placed it on grill! Turn over after 3 minutes – and cover. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove and let rest for 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon of black pepper and oregano on top of cooked chicken and serve.