I know what you might be thinking. Olive oil in Sorbet? Yeah, I know. I thought that same thing.
But I’ve changed my questioning mind.
We made this in school and I just had to share it with you.
It is delicious.
The olive oil adds just the right amount of smoothness and silky texture to each spoon full which is bursting with fresh lemon.
Lemon and Olive Oil Sorbet
1 1/2 quarts
- 14 oz water
- 11 oz sugar
- juice from 6-8 large lemons
- 8 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. To make a sugar syrup, bring the water and sugar to a boil. When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat. Cool completely.
2. Combine syrup, lemon juice, olive oil, egg white and zest. Make sure mixture is chilled to 40 degrees F.
3. Process in ice cream machine and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving (best to freeze overnight).