This isn’t technically a BLT sandwich. It is a BLT – L + A + M + RO. Following me?
B=Bacon. Thick cut, is a must. L= lettuce but I wanted to add arugula (A). Yes, it is a lettuce but I like to be specific with my readers. T = tomato; heirloom tomatoes from my garden were calling me to eat them. M = mozzarella…no need to explain. RO= red onion..a sandwich without RO isn’t a sandwich in my book. And another M for mayo but then I would have to add a B or T for bread/toast..details, details, details.
Wow, after that long explanation you have probably already left this site. I don’t blame you. Let’s get to the recipe.
Wait one more thing…You know when bread tears apart the roof of your mouth? I love that kind.
I made this for one, so adjust as necessary.
- Thick cut Bacon
- good quality bread
- Mozzerella, fresh and sliced
- Arugula, stems picked and cleaned
- Heirloom Tomatoes (red and yellow)
- Red Onion, sliced thinly
- Kosher salt
1. Cook bacon until crispy. Let drain and cool on papertowel.
2. Meanwhile, toast bread over hot skillet or in toaster until browned on the edges.
3. To assemble sandwich, spread both slices of the bread with mayo. Pile on the mozzarella, arugula, tomatoes, red onion, and bacon. Top with a sprinkle of Kosher salt (if desired). Top with other slice of bread. Dig in!!