This packs a big punch. A big punch of flavor. I absolutely love salads for dinner – they are so filling, especially with some nicely grilled steak on top.
The steak may be the highlight of this salad but I can’t forget the gorgonzola. It is so creamy and rich in flavor. What a great thing to go along with simply grilled steak.
It melts a little too…which is never a bad thing.
And what is not to love on a hot summer’s evening?
I was a little hesitant that Mr. A wouldn’t have enough to eat or even worse wouldn’t even put a fork in it. Get it?
Anyway, he ate the entire thing. Clean plate club. I was happy and so was he. Cheesy, I know.
Gorgonzola Steak Salad
please note that I usually don’t measure ingredients for salads, since each one is personally made – so the list below is more of a guide.
- Flat Iron Steak, room temperature, sprinkled with a generous amount of Kosher salt and black pepper
- Mixed Greens
- dried Cranberries
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Garlic Balsamic Salad Dressing
1. Heat grill to 375 – 400 degrees. Meanwhile, gather up your ingredients.
2. Grill steak to desired temperature. Remember ‘carry over cooking’ happens after the meat is removed from the grill – it continues to cook. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into. While you are waiting for the steak, assemble salad. Mixed greens, almonds, cranberries and gorgonzola cheese.
3. Place a few slices of steak on top and drizzle with salad dressing.