If this doesn’t scream summer breakfast, I don’t know what does?!?! Just look at this.
The color of the tomatoes, silkiness of the ricotta, crunchy toast and mouth watery basil…and check out that Kosher salt and pepper…love the combinations!
Do I need to tell you how much I love heirloom tomatoes? I’m in love in the color and the sweet flavors. It is that simple.
Heirloom Tomato and Ricotto Breakfast Sandwich
for 1 breakfast sandwich
- 1 english muffin, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 basil leaves, chopped roughly
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Toast english muffin. Meanwhile combine eggs and milk and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Scramble on medium heat until done. Sprinkle 1/2 chopped basil on top of finished eggs and fold to combine.
2. To assemble sandwich, lather ricotta cheese on both sides of english muffin. On one side of the muffin, place 2-3 slices of tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer on eggs, and remaining chopped basil, then top with other side of muffin.
3. Enjoy warm!