Okay people, this might be the easiest recipe to date on SL.
Sorry, calling you ‘people’ is slightly rude. But please listen up…actually please read this and please make this. You will thank me.
Let me just tell you that flavors are not compromised by the ease of this recipe. If you have an oven, then you are more than half way finished with this dish.
Great for lunch. Great for a side to your main dinner protein.
Check out the close up of the caramelized brown sugar and melted butter and lovely Kosher salt. Yum.
Roasted Brown Sugar Acorn Squash
- 1 or 2 or 3 Acorn Squash
- 1 tablespoon butter per half of squash
- 3/4 tablespoon brown sugar per half of squash
- Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a 9×12 glass baking pan, pour in 1 1/2 cups of water. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down. Roast in over for 40 minutes.
2. Turn squash halves over. Place 1 tablespoon of butter in the bottom and sprinkle brown sugar all over each squash. Place back into oven until done- about 8-10 minutes more.
3. Remove from dish and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Dig in but not too quickly, these things are hot!!