Brownies bring me happiness.
Adding a little peppermint extract gives them just the perfect amount of mint flavor that doesn’t over power the chocolate!
Mint Espresso Brownies
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two 8×8 baking pans with aluminum foil and then grease the foil.
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in double boiler until the chocolate is just melted. Remove from heat and stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Set aside until it reaches room temperature.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla and peppermint extracts, salt, espresso and sugars.
3. Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture and stir to combine.
4. Stir in the sifted flour and mix until blended. Spread batter evenly into baking pans. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Let cool, if you can be patient!