This was my dinner the other night. It was between cereal or these.
I think I choose well.
The sweetness from the meaty potato and the slight heat from the ancho chili and paprika are a perfect combination…even before they are dipped into the Siracha ketchup. So simple yet so flavorful.
Ancho Chili Sweet Potato Fries with Siracha Ketchup
Yield = 1 person
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cut into fry shapes
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 pinches ground ancho chili powder
- 2 pinches smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Siracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Coat potato fries in olive oil on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Pull out and sprinkle chili powder and paprika on fries. Return them to the oven, until tender – another 6 – 8 minutes. For the last 4 minutes, I turn the oven to broil so they become a little crispy.
2. While fries are cooking, combine Siracha and ketchup. Taste test for the level of heat you are looking for.
3. Remove fries from sheet pan and sprinkle with more salt if desired. Serve and enjoy right away!
*I use a toaster oven for 1 sweet potato. Less energy and heats up much faster.