I am lucky enough to have real Herbs de Provence in my kitchen. My family went to France this summer without us…ha, I mean we couldn’t go because of work and school commitments. No need to feel bad for us – we are just now getting over it 🙂
Anyway, my 3 favorite sister-in-laws sent me a package. Yes, it was full of Herbs de Provence. I’m one lucky girl. And yes, I am just now cooking with it – don’t judge.
Herbs de Provence Roasted Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Legs and thighs of chickens ( I had 3 of each- enough for 3 people to have 1 of each…make sense)
- 2/3 cup Herbs de Provence
- 1 heaping tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced and sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a roasting/baking pan, coat chicken on both sides with olive oil. Combine Herbs and Kosher salt together. Liberally sprinkle/coat chicken with mixture. Add lemon juice and sliced lemons to pan.
2. Roast for 30 minutes. Check doneness – depending on your ovens temperature it may need more time. Let rest for a few minutes for digging it. Yes, it is that simple!