What is more Fall than butternut squash, apples, dried cranberries and cinnamon?
I know you can’t come up with an answer.
This salad has great texture – love that crunch from the raw apples. It is warm too- the squash is silky and warm surrounded by the nutty quinoa! Love this combination.
I can’t forget my beloved Craisins..obcessed. I will put them in almost anything..almost.
Try this salad. You will like. Promise.
Roasted Cinnamon Butternut Squash and Quinoa Warm Salad
Yield 4 lunch portions or 8 dinner side portions
- 1/2 butternut squash
- Olive oil- to coat
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Craisins
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled and small diced
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Coat squash with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes – check with a fork for doneness. Should be soft all the way through. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove skin and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Meanwhile, saute diced onion in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil until soft. Mix with cooked quinoa.
3. To assemble salad, in a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients (excluding more olive oil). Add Kosher salt and ground black pepper to your taste. Serve warm.