I really love apple cider. I mean love it! And when it is spiced up, it is even better.
I buy local cider. Love supporting local orchards and cider makers. Plus its organic. I could drink this stuff all day long. and I just might. Watch me.
Spiced Apple Cider
Yield 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 10 black peppercorns
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 orange rind strips
- 2 lemon rind strips
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients- through cinnamon sticks and cook 1 minute.
2. Add cider and next 4 ingredients- through lemon rind and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and strain. Enjoy hot!