My pantry is always stocked with canned beans. I love adding beans to almost anything…wrapping them in a corn tortilla and some cheese…quick little snack is heavenly.
If you can open a can and dice a pepper, you can make this. Just check out the colors. Instantly eye appealing.
It’s crunchy too!
I get hungry just looking at these pictures.
Check out the Method. Yes, you are seeing that correctly, only 1 step!
This is even better made a day or two before eating. The beans soak up all the spice and taste even better.
Mexican Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed quickly
- 1 can white/cannilini beans, drained and rinsed quickly
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, fine diced, seeds removed, if desired
- zest of half 1 lemon
- 1 heaping teaspoon cumin
- 1 heaping teaspoon medium chili powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- pinch ground chipotle pepper
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper and taste. Add more if needed. Eat or save for another day!