Are you looking for a good lunch?
Here it is.
Full of fiber, protein, vitamins and spice!
You won’t fall asleep at your desk after this lunch.
Mexican Tofu and Spinach Stir Fry
Makes 1 hearty lunch portions
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon Red Pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Tofu, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground Chile Pepper
- 3 heaping tablespoons canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Green Chile Salsa (use your favorite store-bought)
- 2 handfuls fresh Spinach
- 1/4 Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- pinch Red Pepper flakes
- 1 scallions, chopped
1. In a medium sized non-stick saute pan heat over medium heat olive oil, red onion and red pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened.
2.Turn heat up slightly. Add cubed tofu and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let Tofu brown on 1 side, then flip. Add chile pepper, black beans, and salsa. Stir to combine.
3. Add spinach and cilantro. Saute until Spinach is almost fully wilted. Turn off heat.