There are combinations of foods that need to be made over and over again.
Peanut butter and chocolate are one of them.
The creamy and salty peanut butter makes these cookies cakey and rich. Oh and the sweet and salty combination is one to be repeated!
This is what happens when you take pictures of cookies right out of the oven.
Yes, I ate one. A girl needs an afternoon snack.
I wonder how long these will last?
The husband is known to consume cookies. Large amounts of cookies in one sitting.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies
Thanks to Lauren’s Latest for this recipe. I added a handful more Reese’s Pieces and I used cocoa powder with dark chocolate chips in it 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder with cocoa chips
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet tray with parchment paper.
1. In large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter together. Whip in sugars until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Stir in melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again.
2. Slowly stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Stir Reese’s Pieces by hand. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough out into rounds and flatten slightly with wet finger tips. Place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until cookies look matte. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes and remove to cooling rack.