Yes, I am eating more and more vegetarian meals.
And I am liking it.
This is a spicy dish. Make sure you have a glass of water next to you.
The sweet potato cuts the spicy green curry! It’s one of those perfect combinations. I swear. You are just going to have to try it. For real this time.
Coconut milk. Cilantro…obcessed, if you didn’t know.
Coconut Green Curried Lentils with Sweet Potato
Makes enough for 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 Sweet Potato, cooked
- 1/2 can of Coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon Green Curry Paste
- 1/4 cup or more Cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Lentils (see note below)
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Dice sweet potato into medium size bites. Put into saucepan. Saute for a couple of minutes until the sides of the potato pieces are brownish – toss occasionally. Turn heat down to medium low. Add coconut milk, curry paste and cilantro.
2. Stir gently to fully incorporate ingredients without breaking apart the potato. Taste and add salt and pepper. Add lentils – I added about 3/4 cup per serving. Heat for 30 seconds, until everything is heated through and combine.
3. Serve and enjoy hot! …add more cilantro to the top for more garnish and color 🙂
*Cooking Lentils: I don’t measure – this could be a bad thing for you if you are following this recipe to a ‘t’. I poured about 1 cup of lentils into a pot an about 2 1/2 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover slightly and turn down heat for a rapid simmer. Stir occasionally and check the liquid – you may need to add more. Test the lentils for doneness – they should still have somewhat of a bite to them but not be complete baby food – somewhere in the middle is perfect! I would say roughly 20 minutes. In this recipe, I made the lentils the night before and chilled them overnight.