I have a problem with pesto lately. It is a good problem though.
I put it on everything!
The summer of 2011 is the summer of pesto.
I used it the other night with frozen corn – cooked it and added a dollop of pesto, mixed and dug in. De-lish!
In an afternoon snack with cheese and crackers…and pesto.
Of course the usually pasta and pesto recipe here!
And breakfast this morning… what’s a breakfast sandwich without pesto?
I made this just for me. It can be doubled, tripled and made for a large crowd. Here is the recipe for just one.
Pesto and Ham Breakfast Sandwich
- english muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon almond pesto
- 2 slices of black forest ham
- 1/2 slice of baby swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toast english muffin. While toasting, heat small non-stick pan to medium heat. Add beaten eggs and milk – mix in some salt and pepper too. About 1 minutes before eggs are done, move them to one side of the pan. Add ham to empty side to saute/brown/heat up. Sprinkle thyme on top of cheese, then add slice of swiss cheese to the top of eggs to begin to melt.
2. Take pesto and spread on both sides of warm toasted english muffin. Add half egg mixture to one side of english muffin. Then follow with half the ham, then the remaining eggs and then ham and of course top with other side of english muffin. Dig in while it’s hot.